Skip to main content

Let's Eat!

We started cereal last weekend. The pediatrician recommended rice cereal to start. We tried it 2 nights with terrible results. The poor babies had 2 rough nights with tummy aches and general fussiness. I think the iron in the cereal plus the liquid formula samples I was mixing it with were too much for their sensitive tummies. I switched them to oatmeal cereal with breastmilk and they have been happy babies ever since.

They are great eaters! Lucy has already mastered opening her mouth as I bring the spoon to her mouth and she loves the oatmeal. Olivia doesn't quite understand opening her mouth as well yet, but she loves to gum the spoon. She also loves the oatmeal. I think the cereal has helped them sleep better as well. They had a week where they were waking up more frequently to eat which created a bad habit of night feedings all over again. I think we've moved past that though, and we're back to the late night feeding and early morning feeding. Thank goodness. Must have been a growth spurt.

Here's our first cereal experience in pictures.

Olivia, what do you think?
What just happened?
It's good, Mom!
Ready for more!!!

Lucy, what do you think?
What the???
Interesting...
Yay! More please!

Comments