Skip to main content

Two-sdays


Since we're using this blog as a supplement to the girls' baby books (which really need to be updated), we better document how we manage to squeeze in everything for 2 babies on a typical day. I'll use yesterday, Tuesday, as an example of a "typical" day (who am I kidding, there is no such thing).

Morning
6am Girls awake- change diapers, clothes and sometimes bedding, depending on how the night went
6:30 Nurse/playtime while we get ready for work
7am Sweaters/sock on, buckled into car seats, loaded into stroller along with milk, lunch, pump, purse, paci's, blankies
7:30 Drop off girls with Mom- unload milk, 2 car seats, set up the stroller with regular seats, unbuckle girls and remove sweaters, put on bibs, switch cars

Daytime **this is an ideal schedule, I don't think any day has actually gone like this yet
8am Cereal & fruit- playtime
9am Naps then playtime
11am Bottles then playtime
1pm Naps then playtime
3pm Bottles then playtime
4pm Naps **if needed

Evening
5pm Pick up girls- pack up the stroller, load girls into car seats/car, collect paci's/sweaters
5:15 Arrive home- unload stroller, 2 car seats, pump, lunch bag, purse, items collected throughout the day
5:30 Nurse/playtime
6pm Settle the girls into their highchairs for their vegetable and fruit dinner
6:30pm 2 baths- trying to figure out how soon I can consolidate this down to one bath together in the tub. Suggestions on ways/safety devices I can use to accomplish this?
7pm Bedtime for the girls, most nights we wish this was our bedtime as well

Late Night
8pm Dinner/Dishes
8:30-10pm Wash pump, bottles, measure out milk, get out girls' clothes, clean-up bath stuff, pick up toys around house, restock diapers/wipes, try to work in a load of laundry or ironing, make lunch for tomorrow, layout bibs/cereal/food, one more late night feeding before bed

And every minute, totally worth it. We wouldn't change a thing.

Comments