New Years Day brought 2 sick little girls. It seemed to just be Olivia at first with chest congestion and a dry cough, but Lucy was soon to follow. They're fussy, clingy, tired and downright miserable. The first night wasn't terrible, only a few minor wake-ups and a little bit of extra rocking required to get them back to sleep. I thought we might get lucky and they would just be so worn out, they'd sleep.
Tonight doesn't seem to be going as well. Olivia's been coughing a lot more and it took nearly 2 hours to get both girls finally settled in their cribs. I can tell we're in for a long night since every time Olivia coughs she fusses before she tries to go back to sleep. I've been dreading the day they both got sick, but am thankful it was almost 10 months before they got anything. Here's to good health soon!
Sunday
Last night was a reminder of the days with 2 newborns. The girls got really congested and were up a lot. They just wanted to be held upright to sleep. We made it through with a few good hours here and there but overall we're all tired today. The girls don't sound as congested but the coughs are painful to hear. Hopefully another day of rest will bring a good night and better day tomorrow.
Tonight doesn't seem to be going as well. Olivia's been coughing a lot more and it took nearly 2 hours to get both girls finally settled in their cribs. I can tell we're in for a long night since every time Olivia coughs she fusses before she tries to go back to sleep. I've been dreading the day they both got sick, but am thankful it was almost 10 months before they got anything. Here's to good health soon!
Sunday
Last night was a reminder of the days with 2 newborns. The girls got really congested and were up a lot. They just wanted to be held upright to sleep. We made it through with a few good hours here and there but overall we're all tired today. The girls don't sound as congested but the coughs are painful to hear. Hopefully another day of rest will bring a good night and better day tomorrow.
I hope the girls are starting to feel better by now! I'm sure it's been tough seeing them suffering and not being able to make it stop. :(
ReplyDelete