Skip to main content

I Used to Love Naps

Where did these days go? When did naptime turn into playtime? The girls have begun regularly sitting and standing in their cribs. Now, when we lay them down for naps, rather than quietly playing on their own for a few minutes before falling asleep, they sit or stand up, laugh and play with each other and eventually, cry . This requires at least 3-4 trips in there to lay them back down with blankies and pacis. The cycle repeats itself for a good 30-45 mins before one eventually give in and goes to sleep. Then finally, after one last freak out, the other usually follows shortly thereafter. By that time we're exhausted as well.

I'm in the midst of one of these cycles currently. They're both exhausted and I'm convinced they would sleep if the other one weren't in there. I need to figure out some way to split them up for naps here like they are at my mom's.

In completely unrelated news, we're making an attempt at supplementing with formula. Lucy is allergic to milk-based formula so she's on soy and Olivia on regular. They're not fans at all but I'm hoping to get them to be ok with one formula bottle a day by Monday (ambitious, I know). So far, yesterday and this morning the girls had their cereal made with formula which they tolerated with only minimal coaxing, singing, distracting and applesauce. When they get up from their naps (yes, still awake in there- going on 45 mins.), they are getting formula bottles for the morning and breastmilk the rest of the day. The Dr. said if they get hungry enough, they will take them. We'll see how that goes.
.
End of the Day Update
Naps- I had to hang a blanket in between their cribs in order to get the girls to settle down and go to sleep after playing for over an hour. They only napped for an hour after that. Early to bed tonight.
Eating- Neither of them were pleased with the formula. They each drank an ounce this morning before refusing. They were not pleased with my lunch offerings either so they didn't eat much then either. I got a few bites of oatmeal in Lucy along with some cheese. Olivia ate a banana chunk and some bread. For their next feeding, Olivia gave in without much pressing and finished her whole formula bottle. Lucy again refused after another ounce or so and held off until Kevin got home and he coaxed her into finishing it. They made it through though the day, and so did we.

Comments

  1. Good luck with the formula. It took Gracie a couple of days to get used to it when I introduced formula, but then she really liked having her little cup of milk - I know every kid is different, but I'm sure they will get used to the change. Hang in there!! :) Good luck with the napping situation too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment