Skip to main content

Experimenting

The girls have been experimenting with some new things lately.

1) Walking backwards! I definitely took this skill for granted until the day I watched Olivia figure it out. She LOVES to walk backwards until she hits something now. It looks a bit like she's moonwalking.

2) The helmet. Contrary to what you may think based on its appearance, this is NOT a shape sorter. It is Lucy's helmet. Our favorite is when she pushes her shopping cart around wearing the helmet. We call her our bag-lady. Good Halloween costume, don't you think?

3) Sitting on/in things. Olivia started this fascination by sitting on anything and everything including her sister's head one time. Lucy decided to sit in the toy basket at Miama's house the other night.

4) Headbands and bows. I decided to get out little clips to try in their hair the other day and the girls loved them. They loved looking at each other's bows but didn't really pull them out. The next day I tried headbands which they also loved. Headbands are a little more exciting for the girls as they like to pull them off and bring them over to us to have us put them back on and then ohh and ahhh over them. On Sunday morning, Kevin got up with the girls while I slept a little bit and when I came out, the girls were wearing their pajamas and headbands. Apparently, once they saw them on the table they begged Daddy to put them on. Olivia sports headbands in a variety of ways.
5) Food as accessories. Its monkey-see-monkey-do around here at mealtime. Everything will be going fine until one of the girls decides to rub a handful of mac-n-cheese in her hair. Pretty soon there are pieces in their hair and stuck on their faces. This is pretty much routine now for anything- cheese, turkey, bread, crackers, cookies, pancakes, eggs and even yogurt.

Comments