Skip to main content

Naps Are For Babies (a letter from Lucy-Goosey)

Hello!
I should be napping right now with my sister Olivia. I actually am quite tired and would love to just go lay in my bed with my paci, turtle square and blankie and go to sleep. That's what I used to do during naptime. But naptime doesn't quite work out like it used to anymore.

Sister has always had a bit of trouble going to sleep, but not me, I love it! Now, when Mom or Dad lay us down in our cribs, I try to be a good girl and just suck on my paci, put my turtle square over my face and snuggle under my blankie. Sister on the other hand, is a disaster. She immediately stands up in her crib, throws her paci, turtle square and blankie onto the floor and starts talking, singing and making a bunch of noise. Pretty soon, I can't resist! It sounds like she's having so much fun so I give in and throw everything out of my crib and proceed to yell, scream, play peek-a-boo and just chat away with her too.

We must get pretty loud every once in awhile because then all of a sudden Mom or Dad will come in. I immediately throw myself down curled up in the corner so it looks like I'm about to go to sleep. Olivia always laughs when she sees them like it's a game, but I can tell they're not too happy. They tried to put a blanket up in between our cribs so we couldn't see each other and play, but Olivia has figured out how to take that down now. I like when she takes it down because then we can pass our pacis, blankets and turtle squares back and forth between the crib bars. It makes for better games of peek-a-boo too!

As much fun as we have during naptime, I think things are about to change. I overheard Mom and Dad talking about having to start separating us for naps like we are at Grandma's. I guess until they decide we're done with this whole napping thing, we're just going to have to get used to it.

Boy, what's next? Replacing our bottles with sippy cups?!?

Love,
Lucy

Comments