Lately the girls have really become sponges to all the things we do and say daily. They are saying all kinds of new words- outside, turtle, car, hi sister- and have even made some surprising associations lately. Everytime they see an elephant in a book, on tv or hear the word the girls immediately make the elephant sound (like giving raspberries). The other day they both started doing the noise and I couldn't for the life of me find the elephant they saw until later in the day when I realized they spotted one in the background of one of their books. It's amazing to see them put new things together everyday.
When I took a tray out of the oven earlier, I explained to the girls that the oven door was hot and Olivia started blowing on it. It cracked me up since apparently I do this to the girls' food more than I know and they've caught on. I did appreciate the help cooling down the oven. Lucy's trick today was walking over to the desk chair and slapping the seat and proudly saying chair. She's said the word for awhile now but she's never identified one on her own.
In fact, instead of napping right now I can hear Olivia practicing words in her room. So far I've heard some very enthusiastic Dada's, nene and sister. Of course that was quickly followed up with uh-oh, which means she's emptied her crib of its contents and is waiting for me to go get her. Guess she's not taking a nap this afternoon.
When I took a tray out of the oven earlier, I explained to the girls that the oven door was hot and Olivia started blowing on it. It cracked me up since apparently I do this to the girls' food more than I know and they've caught on. I did appreciate the help cooling down the oven. Lucy's trick today was walking over to the desk chair and slapping the seat and proudly saying chair. She's said the word for awhile now but she's never identified one on her own.
In fact, instead of napping right now I can hear Olivia practicing words in her room. So far I've heard some very enthusiastic Dada's, nene and sister. Of course that was quickly followed up with uh-oh, which means she's emptied her crib of its contents and is waiting for me to go get her. Guess she's not taking a nap this afternoon.
Comments
Post a Comment