Skip to main content

Accomplishments

So the girls are almost 18 months old. I was thinking of all the things we've already accomplished in such a short period of time. I decided for posterity's sake to document what and how we were able to come so far.

  • Full term babies with no NICU time. How? Lots of food, water, rest, luck and a lot of faith
  • Getting both girls on a schedule. How? Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins by Marc Weissbluth and lots of practice and trial-and-error
  • Breastfeeding both girls for the first year. How? Patience, dedication, lot of water, an awesome pump (Medela) and great lactation consultants/clinic
  • Switching from bottles to sippy cups. How? Dropping the bottles cold turkey. The girls caught on quickly that if they wanted milk they had to use a sippy cup.
  • No more paci's for sleeping. How? Cold turkey packing them up. Only 1 rough day with no real naps before they didn't even miss them.
  • Never paying full price for diapers or wipes. How? Coupons, paying attention to sales and being a smart shopper.

As for what we're going to work on next? I think we'll stick to learning more words and introducing some new foods for now. Our next big adventure will be potty training but since the girls are still so young, we probably won't get serious about that for awhile. Doesn't hurt to start talking about it and reading about it though. It does feel like the first year or so is one thing after another. First you're working on eating, then sleeping, then bottles, crawling, walking, milk, cups and on and on. I feel like we've completed all that relatively successfully and now's a little bit of a break.

Comments

  1. You guys have done such a great job with the girls! You just roll with the punches. I'm so impressed with you and Kevin and blessed to be a part of your lives. I love you all! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment