This year was a very laid back, quiet and fun Thanksgiving. We started the day with a delicious brunch and some outside time at my parents house. After checking out all the Black Friday ads, we headed over to Kevin's mom's house for the rest of the day. We had our Thanksgiving feast early afternoon and after digesting a bit, decided to set up the Christmas tree. The girls loved helping with ornaments, especially Olivia. She would pick out a branch to hang her ornament and nearly always hang on her own. They also discovered bubble wrap when Nana taught them how to smash it with their feet. Olivia made sure to get a good stomp in every time she went for another ornament. It was quite entertaining to see how into it they are this year. What a difference between last year and this year. The girls were almost 9 months last year at Thanksgiving and scooting around and working on standing. I can't wait to see their reaction as Christmas festivities get even more in full swing!
Kevin made the girls this awesome stand up little cardboard house earlier this week. My parents had a giant cardboard box leftover from a Christmas present and my ever-so-clever husband had the brilliant idea about making them a house. I've never seen them so excited about a present! It's the perfect size for them complete with a door, peephole, windows and some inside artwork courtesy of Aunt Sarah. They absolutely love running in and out of the door! It's hard to get pictures of them in it since they won't sit still for very long but here's a few I do have.
Here's a video of them playing in their new house.
I got to start my Christmas shopping this weekend too! I didn't get a lot done but I do feel better just getting a few things out of the way. I think I'm completely done with the girls now, which is nice. Just a few things here and there and hopefully I can be done extra early this year. We'll see. Hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving!
Comments
Post a Comment