Skip to main content

Sign of Good Things to Come?

Olivia has gone pee pee in the potty a total of 3 times now! She went once that first time at my mom's and then both yesterday and the day before. I'm not really pushing the potty training thing yet, but the girls do have potty's, know where we keep them and ask for them every now and again. When they do request them I always get them out, let them sit on them naked and bring plenty of their paper back "big kid" books to entertain them. They sit and sit on the potty's forever partially due to the curiosity over the rarely seen books. I love it and so do they!

They know once they are on their potty's they have to sit there until I say they can get up and put their diaper back on. They stay seated and flip through their books over and over again. They look through them first, then I read them and each time by the end of reading time Olivia has peed. I praise her with hugs, kisses and high-fives and I get Lucy to cheer for her too. She seems quite proud, though I'm not sure if it's just coincidence, or if she really gets it yet.

I have high hopes for 2011! I'm really hoping this potty training thing goes smoother than I've imagined. Even if I can get one on board fairly easily, I will thank my lucky stars.

Comments