Skip to main content

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

We didn't get to do much celebrating around here since 3 out of 4 of us are sick. The runny noses and fevers started Friday and continued through the weekend. I finally took Lucy to urgent care Sunday to get meds for double ear infections and a bad throat. She was pretty miserable. Olivia seemed to be coping until Sunday night when she started complaining about her ear too. She and I spent a little alone time Valentine's afternoon visiting the Dr and pharmacist. She only has 1 ear infection but it's pretty bad and she's really congested.

So we scrapped all plans for enjoying the gorgeous So Cal weather this weekend and spent plenty of time cuddling, watching movies, taking naps and eating whatever whenever. Since I got a horrible sore throat and congestion starting Saturday, I wasn't much in the mood for anything either. Even though it was a pretty miserable weekend, I have really enjoyed the extra cuddles, kisses and quiet time with my girls. Now that they're full-on toddlers, they don't have much time for lap sitting, cuddling or snuggling with me. I'll take it however I can get it, I guess. So, in the glass is half full side of the world, I got to spend Valentine's Day with my 2 best girls...and I couldn't ask for a more precious gift.


We're hoping to feel better by the end of the week once our antibiotics kick in. As for me, I'm really hoping and praying dayquil/nyquil can cure me of this throat/cold thing without a pricey trip to the Dr. Fingers crossed!

Comments

  1. I had to read your last paragraph a few times. I kept wondering if your doctor's name was actually "Dr. Fingers"...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment