Skip to main content

3 Day Potty Training- Day 1

Ok so 1 day down. Not bad, actually! I will admit the beginning was a bit rough. There were 12 accidents and 4 successes in the first 4 hours. After a load of laundry and lots of spot carpet cleaning, it was naptime.
They didn't go potty before I laid them down so I was expecting fussing or waking up wet. I was amazed when they slept for over 2 hours and were dry when they woke up! I immediately put them on their potty's when they got up but they still didn't have to go for at least 1/2 an hour.

 The girls seemed to catch on pretty quickly, it was just a matter of them making it to their potty's in time. There were plenty of accidents but I it didn't take them long at all to realize what was happening. With almost every accident this afternoon the girls were either on their way or right at their potty's when it happened. This at least showed that they knew what was happening and what they needed to do. I was patient and positive about the whole thing even accidents, clean ups and messes. The girls weren't too into the praises at first but warmed up to it with high fives and cheers for each other and themselves.

It feels good to have 1 day down. Lucy's pretty close to having it down, I think. Olivia still gets caught a bit more off-guard by the whole thing and has a little more work to make it all the way to the potty before having an accident. Olivia pooped 1/2 in her panties and 1/2 in the potty so that was a huge victory for her (and us!). I still don't know what the night is going to hold, but I am prepared for the worst. Even in my wildest dreams I know there's no way it could be as bad as 2 newborns. Since I survived that, I know this is do-able. Day 2 here we come!

Oh and can I say, Kevin and I cannot get over how cute their little nene's (bottoms) are in their big girl panties!! What's going to keep their pants up now?

Comments