We're fairly certain the girls had a great 2nd birthday and we had just as much fun! Kevin and I stayed up until well after 1am the night before blowing up tons of balloons (a birthday tradition we started last year), decorating and assembling/wrapping presents. Here's what they walked out to bright and early yesterday morning.
We got the girls a Radio Flyer wagon, a Sit n Spin, some books, clothes and 2 fake microphones. They were so excited about everything! Lucy noticed the giant Happy Birthday sign right away and then they played with the balloons before digging into their presents. They were pros at ripping off the wrapping paper now too! They would ooohhh and aaaahhh over everything they opened up too which was pretty funny. They kept telling me how "pretty pretty" all their new clothes are. The girls spent a good portion of the morning running in and around all the balloons. It was a total hit!
After breakfast and getting dressed, we decided to head to the Santa Ana Zoo. I had heard it was nice for a smaller zoo so we decided to check it out. The girls were in heaven as soon as we walked in and were greeted by the giant playground area. The girls went up and down the slide a bunch of times before we could convince them to come with us to see the animals. They were so into all the animals. The zoo houses mostly monkeys and birds with a few larger animals. They were able to point and notice even the smallest monkeys and had fun checking everything out. After lunch we let them run around for a bit before heading back to the playground for some final playing. You'll notice in the pictures below the girls have a new found obsession with their sunglasses.
The weather was gorgeous and we had a wonderful family day together to celebrate the girls. I even remembered to take pictures of us with the girls and even with each other. Shocking, I know. I actually don't know the last time we took a picture of just us.
So that was our trip for their actual birthday. This weekend is their birthday party at the park so I'm sure they'll be just as excited about all those festivities too!
Comments
Post a Comment