The girls are asking more questions now. We haven't quite entered the "why" stage yet, but I have a feeling it will be here soon. I think the first time we heard them start asking questions was on the way home from the zoo on their birthday. Out of the blue the girls started asking each other, "What are Buzz and Woody doing?" and answering "I don't know", only to then repeat the question back to the other one. It went on and on for a few minutes until they went off on some rambling and must have come to some conclusion about what Buzz & Woody were actually doing. Kevin and I were quite amused that they even wondered about them while away from the house.
Now they are more inquisitive about our "doings" as well. Lucy regularly asks me "What doing, Mama?" when I'm getting dressed, cleaning, making dinner etc. Now that Kevin's back in school M-Th evenings the girls like to ask what Dada's doing when they can't find him or realize he's not home. This week, Olivia started with "What happened?" She reacts to events on tv, noises, spills and numerous other things with this question. I know she picked that up from us since we ask them what happened whenever they fall down or come crying to us.
I love that they are curious and don't mind the questions since I know they are just trying to make sense of the daily happenings around them.
Now they are more inquisitive about our "doings" as well. Lucy regularly asks me "What doing, Mama?" when I'm getting dressed, cleaning, making dinner etc. Now that Kevin's back in school M-Th evenings the girls like to ask what Dada's doing when they can't find him or realize he's not home. This week, Olivia started with "What happened?" She reacts to events on tv, noises, spills and numerous other things with this question. I know she picked that up from us since we ask them what happened whenever they fall down or come crying to us.
I love that they are curious and don't mind the questions since I know they are just trying to make sense of the daily happenings around them.
Comments
Post a Comment