Skip to main content

Copy Cats

We are continually amazed by the girls. Almost everyday I notice they do or say things they have picked up from us without being specifically taught. Since my last post was about Olivia I'll share some cute Lucy stories.

We taught the girls early on that the oven is hot and they cannot touch it. I think they are actually a bit scared of it since they back almost completely out of the kitchen when they know I'm about to open it. Anyway, after watching me use the hot pads to take things out of the oven for quite awhile now they caught on. Lucy now insists on getting out the hot pads whenever she is playing around in the play kitchen. If she is pretending something she is making is hot she will carry it around with a hot pad or set it on one on the table. Quite clever!

This next one cracks me up every time and I'm not sure if it will ever get old. Every night right before we say prayers the girls go potty and brush their teeth (with a lot of help from us). Lately, after finishing up as she heads out of the bathroom, Lucy walks up to the bathroom sink and pretends to spit in it. The first time she did it I was so confused and couldn't figure out what just happened. Then I noticed it was only after brushingn her teeth and that's when I put it together that she was copying us! The best part is that she's not even tall enough to reach the sink so in reality she's play spitting onto the cabinet right below the sink. She does it like it's no big deal and this is just what you do after you brush your teeth (there is no toothpaste yet, just water on their brushes). Everytime I see her do it now it still makes me laugh. Never in a million years would I think she had even noticed us spitting after brushing our teeth. The girls always seem so busy and active that I am constantly amazed by the things they pick up on.

Comments