Lucy gave us quite a scare today. She woke up crying in the middle of the night last night and I thought she had to go potty. Turns out she had wet the bed (which hasn't happened in awhile) and when I got her up to change her and her bed, I realized she was burning up. I took her temperature and it was 103.5, which is the highest its ever been. After some medicine and new pajamas I decided to put her in the pack n play in our room to sleep the rest of the night so I could keep her close by and check on her. It took almost 45 minutes before I felt sure that her fever was going down and she was finally able to go back to sleep. Our adrenaline kept us up for awhile after that (along with our crazy noisy neighbors who only argue late at night with all their doors/windows open).
She woke up fine in the morning without a fever. I could tell she wasn't 100%, but no fever, no coughing, and no congestion so it was a mystery fever. We went to my mom's to visit for awhile and then came home for lunch and naps. By the time we got home Lucy was lethargic and had sick eyes so I knew she wasn't feeling so hot. She didn't want to eat any lunch or have an milk either. As soon as we walked in the front door she got her Winnie the Pooh and baby doll and asked to go to bed. That only happens when she's sick. After a 3 hour nap she woke up with 102 fever again. We took some more medicine and then headed back to my mom's for dinner. Lucy was pretty out of it as soon as we got there and just wanted me to hold her. She was getting warmer and warmer. When I took her temperature it was all the way up to 104.5. Scary! We immediately got her into a cool bath and paged the Dr. She cooled off pretty quickly and after some medicine and finally eating some dinner, Lucy soon started acting like she was feeling better, which was a huge relief. We came home and she went straight to bed with a fever hovering right around 101. We plan on keeping up the meds through the night.
We're still not really sure what's going on. I'm thinking ear infection(s) leftover from their last cold. We'll see. She isn't pulling at her ears or complaining much, but then again the last time she had 2 bad ear infections she didn't indicate anything was wrong except for the random fevers. I hope we all get more sleep tonight and her fever stays under control until we can get in to see the on-call Dr. tomorrow morning. Thank goodness our Dr.'s office is open on the weekends. I never knew how much of a life saver that would be!
She woke up fine in the morning without a fever. I could tell she wasn't 100%, but no fever, no coughing, and no congestion so it was a mystery fever. We went to my mom's to visit for awhile and then came home for lunch and naps. By the time we got home Lucy was lethargic and had sick eyes so I knew she wasn't feeling so hot. She didn't want to eat any lunch or have an milk either. As soon as we walked in the front door she got her Winnie the Pooh and baby doll and asked to go to bed. That only happens when she's sick. After a 3 hour nap she woke up with 102 fever again. We took some more medicine and then headed back to my mom's for dinner. Lucy was pretty out of it as soon as we got there and just wanted me to hold her. She was getting warmer and warmer. When I took her temperature it was all the way up to 104.5. Scary! We immediately got her into a cool bath and paged the Dr. She cooled off pretty quickly and after some medicine and finally eating some dinner, Lucy soon started acting like she was feeling better, which was a huge relief. We came home and she went straight to bed with a fever hovering right around 101. We plan on keeping up the meds through the night.
We're still not really sure what's going on. I'm thinking ear infection(s) leftover from their last cold. We'll see. She isn't pulling at her ears or complaining much, but then again the last time she had 2 bad ear infections she didn't indicate anything was wrong except for the random fevers. I hope we all get more sleep tonight and her fever stays under control until we can get in to see the on-call Dr. tomorrow morning. Thank goodness our Dr.'s office is open on the weekends. I never knew how much of a life saver that would be!
eep, scary! I'm glad Lucy's feeling better!
ReplyDelete