Skip to main content

There Were 3 in the Bed

The girls' beds are getting quite crowded these days. Not only are they getting big for their cribs, but all the toys, animals, blankets and pillows they must have with them every night is getting out of control. Yes, the girls are still in their cribs. They have never (knock on wood) even attempted to climb out of their cribs. I've always been a big fan of keeping them in their cribs as long as possible, but I will say I am getting excited to switch them to big girls beds (which we recently lined up with some relatives and I can't wait to see it!).

So the cribs are still working for us and the girls but they are awfully crowded these days. Since the first night we put the girls in their crib (they were sharing at the time), they have always slept with their Lovie, or square turtle blankies. We also added their soft pink dolls and lambs at some point along the way. These are all soft, small and take up relatively small amounts of space. Then we added their pillows when they were sick one time and they've stayed. Now the girls go to bed every night with their Winnie The Pooh and Tigger animals and their baby dolls as well. Tucking all these things in around the girls and making sure everything is in its place gets more and more complicated each night. Olivia has requested more animals as well, which is where we have drawn the line. Kevin removes the baby dolls when he checks on them before bed since they talk and cry when you push on their chests and since Olivia's a cuddler, she often sets her baby off in the middle of the night. That's just what we need, something new that cries in the middle of the night now that we've gotten past that stage. I don't know how they aren't annoyed to roll over onto these toys all night though. It's awfully crowded in there!

Kevin and I have both overheard the girls talking to their Tigger and Winnie animals in their beds. Lucy usually is reminding Pooh Bear not to wet the bed and Olivia tells Tigger night-night or talks to him first thing in the morning. I love how sweet they are!

Comments