The girls have really gotten into pretending lately. I think it started with their play kitchen. They are always offering to cook dinner (to which I never say no) and loving coming up with all sorts of crazy things to feed us. I "eat" a lot of chicken and coffee. These seem to be the 2 most popular play food items.
A couple of weeks ago, Kevin saw the girls come up with 2 new games to play together. The first is bath time. The girls empty the large basket I use for misc. toys and then one of them sits in it. Meanwhile, sister collects all the magnetic letters she can and then proceeds to pour them over her sister in the basket. Then they both take a few letters and rub them in her hair and all over her body in order. Then they switch and it's the other one's turn for her pretend bath. They came up with this completely on their own. It takes ones quick little conversation and then they both set off to get their game going. I must say they definitely excel at teamwork.
The next new pretend game they created was shopping. This starts by getting the fake cash register out and setting it up on the coffee table. Then, they go around filling up the shopping cart with anything and everything they can find. After they have finished shopping, they both decide "gonna buy it" and push the cart to the table. So far everytime I see this game Olivia is the cashier and Lucy is the bagger. They both take all the items out of the cart and put them on the table. Then Olivia scans each item with the cash register scanner and places it in the reusable bag Lucy is holding open. How eco-friendly, right? Gotta start them young. They go through all of the items, fill up their bags and then carry the bags full of their purchases around the house. Now, you probably think I must take them shopping a lot, huh? Truth is, I've maybe taken them grocery shopping with me a half-dozen times. My mom has only taken them a handful of times too. They seriously pick up on everything!
The video upload is not cooperating so hopefully I can add that soon.
A couple of weeks ago, Kevin saw the girls come up with 2 new games to play together. The first is bath time. The girls empty the large basket I use for misc. toys and then one of them sits in it. Meanwhile, sister collects all the magnetic letters she can and then proceeds to pour them over her sister in the basket. Then they both take a few letters and rub them in her hair and all over her body in order. Then they switch and it's the other one's turn for her pretend bath. They came up with this completely on their own. It takes ones quick little conversation and then they both set off to get their game going. I must say they definitely excel at teamwork.
The next new pretend game they created was shopping. This starts by getting the fake cash register out and setting it up on the coffee table. Then, they go around filling up the shopping cart with anything and everything they can find. After they have finished shopping, they both decide "gonna buy it" and push the cart to the table. So far everytime I see this game Olivia is the cashier and Lucy is the bagger. They both take all the items out of the cart and put them on the table. Then Olivia scans each item with the cash register scanner and places it in the reusable bag Lucy is holding open. How eco-friendly, right? Gotta start them young. They go through all of the items, fill up their bags and then carry the bags full of their purchases around the house. Now, you probably think I must take them shopping a lot, huh? Truth is, I've maybe taken them grocery shopping with me a half-dozen times. My mom has only taken them a handful of times too. They seriously pick up on everything!
The video upload is not cooperating so hopefully I can add that soon.
Comments
Post a Comment