That's how long we're about to be away from the girls. It's starting to sink in just how long that really is. We're going to Kauai for a friend's wedding and then making it into a true vacation and sightseeing for a few days afterwards. We don't know when we'll have the chance to go back so weno tend to make the most of it. We're really excited about the trip, the wedding and having a real vacation. But 10 days is a long time when we've only ever been away for a single night at a time. The girls will be well taken care of at my parent's and we have all kinds of little surprises to keep them busy. I'm not sure if I'll be more sad to hear that they asked about us, cried and were sad, or that they were totally fine and didn't even notice we were gone. I know they will be fine, it's just weird to imagine being gone for so long. They will say and do new things and I know they will look so much bigger when we get back Hopefully, the time will go by quickly for all of us but still give us plenty of fun distractions. We know we're lucky to get this opportunity so we want to appreciate it. The girls are lucky to be able to stay with my parents while we're gone too.
It really doesn't help that we all have colds right now. It just started so I'm hoping everything clears up before we leave. Luckily no fevers though just sore throats and snuffy noses. Don't worry, we're taking full advantage of having 2 extra cuddly little girls.
I wish Mom could blog about the girls while you're on vacation.
ReplyDelete