We FINALLY got the girls to try and like spaghetti and bow tie pasta! Last night was a big accomplishment. I knew they would like it since they like pasta (spaghetti o's) and sauce (they've eaten it while scavenging through my lasagna makings). They were just adamant about not trying it before. I decided to make them some bow tie pasta with just butter as their only option for dinner last night. Once they tried that and were ok with it but not terribly enthusiastic (they were both gagging on each piece as they ate it- can you say dramatic?), I offered them some sauce on the side that they could dip their pasta into. They were quite excited about this and immediately started eating more. Kevin offered them a bite of his spaghetti and Olivia was interested. She loved it and kept asking for bites of ours instead of her bow ties. That got Lucy interested and she started letting him feed her spaghetti too. We ended up giving Olivia her own bowl of spaghetti that she used her fingers to shovel in and make quite a mess. Lucy is a bit of a neat freak (where did she get that?!?) so she didn't enjoy getting her hands dirty to eat the spaghetti but would gladly let Kevin feed her. It ended up being a really messy but fun dinner. It's a pretty small thing but I was so excited last night. This opens up a whole new world of foods I can feed them!
Comments
Post a Comment