Skip to main content

First Haircuts

On Sunday I finally took the girls for their first haircuts. We love their curly hair and didn't want to do anything dramatic. Mostly they just had some spots that were endlessly tangled and it was pretty uneven in the back. Kevin and I can tell a difference but most people probably wouldn't even know we cut it.

I found this kids haircutting place in Canyon Crest, Monkey Dooz, and decided to give them a try. Their prices were about the same as what I would pay at the salon I go to and after hearing so many Fantastic Sams/Supercuts horror stories I just couldn't go that route. The girls and I loved the place. It was really cute decorated with jungle theme everywhere and had toys, books and a tv to distract the kids. As soon as we walked in the girls spotted Pinocchio on tv and they were sold. There was a bit of a wait so we went and had some ice cream with Aunt Marjorie in the meantime. When we headed back into the salon the girls immediately pulled up 2 little chairs and were in the zone with "Mochio" (how they say Pinocchio). Honestly, I'm not even sure if they noticed I had their haircut. They are pretty serious about their Disney movies.

 she cut an inch and a half off the back of Olivia's hair to even it out with the sides and had the ends trimmed all the way around. Lucy's hair was a bit shorter so she only took around an inch off the back and did the same all around trim. Here are the girls in their before-trance, during the cut and after with their bows (yes, it is similar to when you take your dog to get groomed- they get a bow).





Comments

  1. Tell the girls I wanna borrow their tops. So cute those two!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment