Skip to main content

Pumpkins

We painted and carved our pumpkins yesterday. Since the girls had so much fun painting pumpkins with my parents we decided to let them finger paint their mini pumpkins. They enjoyed this and were eager to cover every spot and were very focused on the whole project.




Then we decided to carve our big family pumpkin to let the girls see what that was like. Here's our carving outline before Kevin started.



And the after! I should have included some shots of the process. Kevin did an awesome job with the carving and the girls like watching the pumpkin transform into a jack-o-lantern. He showed them the inside of the pumpkin when he removed the lid and they were intrigued but not interested in touching the inside. They helped me scoop out some seeds before I fully cleaned out the inside. I did have them at least touch the flesh and seeds but they definitely weren't into it. Lucy immediately shivered and looked down at her hand and said "I need to wash my hand". She found the whole cleaning part repulsive. Olivia just wanted to use the spoon to scoop and dump all the insides I had already cleaned out.


We used the pumpkin lighting as a dinner bribe and the girls were very excited by the time he looked like this. Halloween has never been my favorite holiday but I must say it is a lot more fun with kids. 

Comments