The girls came home to a big surprise last night... their big girl beds all set up! Kevin got the cribs taken down (sniff, sniff) and the new beds all set up just in time. Here's how it looked when the girls walked in
We called them into the room and as soon as they turned the corner Olivia said "My bed! It's wonderful! Oh, thank you!". Lucy was all smiles and giggles and kept saying how wonderful it was too and that she loved it. They immediately wanted to climb, jump and roll around on it. They laid together on the top bed then moved everything down and laid together on the bottom bed. Lucy brought in the play clock for some "clocking" aka pretend sleeping. We all had to pretend to sleep on the bed. This lasted a few rounds before they decided to jump on both beds for awhile and then roll from the top down to the bottom bed. They were so excited about the whole thing and their reactions were adorable. They didn't even notice or care that their cribs were gone.
Once bedtime came around the girls were ready to get in their big girl beds. Olivia chose the top bed and Lucy chose the bottom bed (well, Olivia chose the top and Lucy took what was left since she didn't seem to care much). We talked about the Big Girl Bed rules (no playing with toys, no getting up, straight to sleep etc) and I tucked them in and left the room. They were quiet for a good 5 minutes before I heard the first laughs. The first time I went in Olivia was hanging down from her bed toward Lucy's and they were playing. The second time, about 15 minutes later, they were both sitting up playing with their lovies. The third time I had to go in I took Olivia out and told them if they don't follow the big girl bed rules, they can't sleep with sister. It only took 2 minutes of Olivia "sleeping" alone in our room before they both realized I was serious. I took Olivia back to bed with a "last chance" for both of them and they were asleep within 5 minutes. I knew they were tired since it was an hour past their bedtime. They looked so cute all cuddled up in their new beds.
Kevin went in to check on them before he went to bed and then came in and told me I needed to go look at them. I wasn't sure what to expect but when I got in there Olivia's bed was empty. At some point, she had crawled down from her bed into Lucy's and they were cuddled up next to each other. SO CUTE! They slept the whole night like that without a peep or anything out of either of them. I think I will call that a big girl bed success!
Once bedtime came around the girls were ready to get in their big girl beds. Olivia chose the top bed and Lucy chose the bottom bed (well, Olivia chose the top and Lucy took what was left since she didn't seem to care much). We talked about the Big Girl Bed rules (no playing with toys, no getting up, straight to sleep etc) and I tucked them in and left the room. They were quiet for a good 5 minutes before I heard the first laughs. The first time I went in Olivia was hanging down from her bed toward Lucy's and they were playing. The second time, about 15 minutes later, they were both sitting up playing with their lovies. The third time I had to go in I took Olivia out and told them if they don't follow the big girl bed rules, they can't sleep with sister. It only took 2 minutes of Olivia "sleeping" alone in our room before they both realized I was serious. I took Olivia back to bed with a "last chance" for both of them and they were asleep within 5 minutes. I knew they were tired since it was an hour past their bedtime. They looked so cute all cuddled up in their new beds.
Kevin went in to check on them before he went to bed and then came in and told me I needed to go look at them. I wasn't sure what to expect but when I got in there Olivia's bed was empty. At some point, she had crawled down from her bed into Lucy's and they were cuddled up next to each other. SO CUTE! They slept the whole night like that without a peep or anything out of either of them. I think I will call that a big girl bed success!
Ah! Too cute!
ReplyDelete