Last night Lucy had a LOT of water during my aforementioned birthday party. Well, turns out she's a pretty heavy sleeper and slept right through the urge to get up and go potty. By the time Lucy woke up and said anything she had a pretty big mess. Kevin cleaned her up in the bathroom while I changed her bed. Olivia was sleeping while I stripped down the bed and threw everything in the wash but when I came back to put the new sheets on Olivia woke up. She sat up, rearranged her pillow and stuffed animals and then spread her blanket over her legs before laying back down. She didn't even notice me. I went back to making Lucy's bed and Olivia looked over at me in the dark and said, "Sister, how you get out there?" Poor little thing was genuinely confused by how "Lucy" was standing on the outside of her crib. I had to go over and explain that Lucy had an accident and was in the bathroom. Olivia decided she wanted to go potty too so I sent her off to the bathroom too. Luckily, we all went right back to sleep after all that but Kevin and I had a pretty good laugh about how confused Olivia must have been by the whole thing.
Comments
Post a Comment