Well, I had big plans for this past week. I had hoped to get our Christmas tree up and decorated, a trip or two to visit Christmas lights and maybe some cookie or gingerbread house decorating. Unfortunately, we did none of that except watch way too many Disney movies and PBS kids shows.
Monday night Lucy woke up sick with a fever and throwing up. I stayed up cuddling her on the couch most of the night hoping and praying that Olivia wouldn't start too. Tuesday I went to work and Kevin took care of the girls. Lucy really didn't have an appetite, was really lethargic and still had a fever. Shortly after lunch I started feeling sick too and made it home just in time for my bout to start. I spent most of that afternoon/evening sick. As bedtime neared and I hoped the worst was over Olivia & Kevin both started throwing up at almost the same time. It was not a pretty sight (or smell) at my house.
We spent the next 2 days laying around, drinking gatorade, eating crackers and cheerios and doing absolutely nothing. There was lots of cuddling, napping, pajama-time and just about every Disney movie we own. It was all the energy Kevin and I could muster just to get up and put on a movie. We were so thankful when we would come across a movie on tv we could all sit through so no one actually had to get up.
Today is better. We all survived and things seem to be getting better. We have a busy weekend planned and hope to get a tree up, celebrate an early Christmas with some of our family and take a family trip to San Diego for some Zoo/Sea World fun. As disappointing as it was to have to postpone some of our Christmas activities, I think it was good that we were forced to take time, relax, cuddle and just be together for a few days, even if we all were pretty miserable. Now that we're better, bring on Christmas!!
P.S. I really had high aspirations of getting Christmas cards out last week but as with everything else, no go. We'll see. Maybe everyone will get Happy New Year cards! No promises.
Monday night Lucy woke up sick with a fever and throwing up. I stayed up cuddling her on the couch most of the night hoping and praying that Olivia wouldn't start too. Tuesday I went to work and Kevin took care of the girls. Lucy really didn't have an appetite, was really lethargic and still had a fever. Shortly after lunch I started feeling sick too and made it home just in time for my bout to start. I spent most of that afternoon/evening sick. As bedtime neared and I hoped the worst was over Olivia & Kevin both started throwing up at almost the same time. It was not a pretty sight (or smell) at my house.
We spent the next 2 days laying around, drinking gatorade, eating crackers and cheerios and doing absolutely nothing. There was lots of cuddling, napping, pajama-time and just about every Disney movie we own. It was all the energy Kevin and I could muster just to get up and put on a movie. We were so thankful when we would come across a movie on tv we could all sit through so no one actually had to get up.
Today is better. We all survived and things seem to be getting better. We have a busy weekend planned and hope to get a tree up, celebrate an early Christmas with some of our family and take a family trip to San Diego for some Zoo/Sea World fun. As disappointing as it was to have to postpone some of our Christmas activities, I think it was good that we were forced to take time, relax, cuddle and just be together for a few days, even if we all were pretty miserable. Now that we're better, bring on Christmas!!
P.S. I really had high aspirations of getting Christmas cards out last week but as with everything else, no go. We'll see. Maybe everyone will get Happy New Year cards! No promises.
Comments
Post a Comment