We made a trip to visit Santa this past weekend. The girls were excited every time we talked about going and I was pretty hopeful this trip would turn out better than last year's. We decided to check out Bass Pro Shop's big Christmas set up since they offer free photos and had lots of advertised activities to occupy the kids while they waited. We definitely had fun looking around at everything and even though we had to wait like an hour, they do the fast pass thing so you're not standing in line that whole time. In fact we left and got some lunch and then came back and went straight to the front of the line. It worked out perfectly.
The girls seemed pretty excited as we walked up to Santa's house and waited out turn to go in. When it was our turn we entered the room the girls started walking straight toward Santa. Olivia took like 2 steps and freaked out. I think she thought we were going to leave her. Lucy walked right up to Santa, let him pick her up and put her on his lap and sat there contently the whole time. Olivia became physically attached to Kevin. She wanted absolutely nothing to do with Santa and it was pretty much a repeat performance of last year. The only way we could get her in a picture was for Kevin to hold her next to him. Olivia had quite a grip on Kevin's shirt. I think you can still see the nail marks in his chest. So here's our Santa picture for the year and one I caught of just Lucy and Santa.
The Bass Pro Shop set up was pretty impressive even though it was a zoo. They have the free Santa photos, a free carousel, coloring and craft activities plus you can try out some of the toys they are selling (remote control cars etc). The girls liked the carousel the best and we made 2 or 3 rounds on it. This definitely beat out Santa. Much bigger smiles here.
The girls seemed pretty excited as we walked up to Santa's house and waited out turn to go in. When it was our turn we entered the room the girls started walking straight toward Santa. Olivia took like 2 steps and freaked out. I think she thought we were going to leave her. Lucy walked right up to Santa, let him pick her up and put her on his lap and sat there contently the whole time. Olivia became physically attached to Kevin. She wanted absolutely nothing to do with Santa and it was pretty much a repeat performance of last year. The only way we could get her in a picture was for Kevin to hold her next to him. Olivia had quite a grip on Kevin's shirt. I think you can still see the nail marks in his chest. So here's our Santa picture for the year and one I caught of just Lucy and Santa.

Even though Santa is a perfectly nice man, I don't blame Olivia...
ReplyDelete