Skip to main content

Paint + Celery

By Monday the girls were finally feeling better. I decided to do a fun Pinterest project with them after naps. I cut the ends off some celery stalks and got out the paint supplies and off we went. The idea was to stamp with the celery "flowers" and after I demonstrated I set the girls free to stamp on their own. They got it down right away and had cute little flowers on their papers in yellow and red. I was stamping away my own bouquet when Olivia set down her celery and said, "I want a paintbrush. I'm tired of all this foolishness." Lucy quickly chimed in with "this celery is so irritating." So much for that project.



Lucy's always so serious when she's "working"


(Olivia already looks unimpressed with this activity)


I got out the paintbrushes and they proceeded to paint and hand print all over everything they had already done. It was a lot of fun painting away with them even if they were quickly over my stamping. At least my celery stamped bouquet turned out quite fabulous, if I may say so.


Lucy's artwork = giant octopus

Olivia's artwork = giant bear monster (and a collection of handprints)

Mama's artwork = celery bouquet


Comments