Skip to main content

Catch-Up

Here are a few long overdue stories I've been meaning to post.

On Father's Day, somehow the subject of Kevin's graduation came up with the girls. When we asked what it meant that Daddy graduated Olivia said, "We got pink streamers!" It was awfully nice of Kevin to bring the girls some of the pink streamers they shot into the air at the end of the ceremony, but we were definitely hoping they got more out of the day than that...

Most days when I get to my parents to pick up the girls they are out front playing or riding their tricycles. The other day the girls were playing with sidewalk chalk while my Mom, Dad and I watched. When they were finished my Dad offered them a towel to wipe off their hands. Olivia immediately said, "No thanks, Pat", just like she hears my Mom say. I had to walk away since I couldn't contain my laughter.

We took the girls to see the new Disney movie Brave last weekend. It was so good! The girls have been counting down the days until it would be in the "movie-ater" for awhile now and finally the day arrived. Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Mary joined us and the girls sat intensely watching the movie the whole time. They loved it and keep asking when we are going to go to Target and buy it so they can watch it at home. In their minds, everything comes from Target or the grocery store.

Comments