We've been so busy at the new house that we haven't had time to meet the new neighbors yet. We had noticed there were lots of kids and families and loved seeing people out playing, walking their dogs and waving hello to each other. Coming from a place where we occassionally ran into our neighbors but never said more than a hello or goodbye, this was a welcome change.
Last night the neighbors from across the street came over to say hi. It was a mom, Karen, and her 2 little girls- Anabelle and Julia. I'm not positive which kid is which yet, but I think the older one is Julia and she will be 7 on Friday. Anabelle is 3, only a few weeks younger than the girls (but much taller). They were very sweet and welcomed us to the neighborhood. The girls were sweet, polite and all seemed to get along right from the get go. Kids are so open with each other, I love it!
They have lived in the neighborhood for 11 years and knew all about the history of our house. We decided to discuss the last owners when the kids weren't around- must be juicy! Can't wait. We know a bit, but I'm sure there's so much more. We both had to get to dinner and decided to try and get a playdate together soon. I plan on having the girls make something to take over for the older daughter's birthday on Friday. Yay for good neighbors!
Last night the neighbors from across the street came over to say hi. It was a mom, Karen, and her 2 little girls- Anabelle and Julia. I'm not positive which kid is which yet, but I think the older one is Julia and she will be 7 on Friday. Anabelle is 3, only a few weeks younger than the girls (but much taller). They were very sweet and welcomed us to the neighborhood. The girls were sweet, polite and all seemed to get along right from the get go. Kids are so open with each other, I love it!
They have lived in the neighborhood for 11 years and knew all about the history of our house. We decided to discuss the last owners when the kids weren't around- must be juicy! Can't wait. We know a bit, but I'm sure there's so much more. We both had to get to dinner and decided to try and get a playdate together soon. I plan on having the girls make something to take over for the older daughter's birthday on Friday. Yay for good neighbors!
Sarah, you guys are so nice and warm. If a neighbor came over to my place, I'd be suspicious. What do you want? So weird--I'm so unfriendly at home but I'll talk to random people out on the streets, bars, restaurants, Starbucks, etc.
ReplyDelete