The girls both got timeouts the other day, and honestly I can't even remember why now. I think it was for a combination of pulling on the blinds while climbing up the bed post and jumping off the bed across the room to the other bed (which was up next to the dresser). Bad things were going to happen and they had already been warned to 1) not touch the blinds and 2) not jump from one bed to the other. Bad things were going to happen, it was inevitable.
So, Olivia took her timeout in our bedroom while Lucy sat against the wall in her room. I walked by Lucy at one point and found her kneeling, eyes closed, hands clasped together and head bowed, in prayer. I had to keep walking since I would have laughed. The timeouts were over before I could explain to Kevin what I had seen. Lucy was still in prayer when Kevin went in a few seconds later and he immediately said, "Amen" and then proceeded with the post-timeout discussion. Good move on his part.
We had a nice chuckle about it later that night when the girls were in bed. I really wish I had been able to sneak a picture but there was no way I could get away with that and not disturb her. I must say, it's a smart move on her part if she wants to look angelic during a timeout. Point for Lucy.
So, Olivia took her timeout in our bedroom while Lucy sat against the wall in her room. I walked by Lucy at one point and found her kneeling, eyes closed, hands clasped together and head bowed, in prayer. I had to keep walking since I would have laughed. The timeouts were over before I could explain to Kevin what I had seen. Lucy was still in prayer when Kevin went in a few seconds later and he immediately said, "Amen" and then proceeded with the post-timeout discussion. Good move on his part.
We had a nice chuckle about it later that night when the girls were in bed. I really wish I had been able to sneak a picture but there was no way I could get away with that and not disturb her. I must say, it's a smart move on her part if she wants to look angelic during a timeout. Point for Lucy.
Comments
Post a Comment