Skip to main content

Where's Lucy?

I get up to workout at an unmentionable hour of the morning. Every morning I check on the girls and close their door so I don't disturb them while I get ready. Twice now I have gone in and Lucy has not been in her bed. I expect to find her in Olivia's bed, but not there either. The first time it momentarily freaked me out since in the dark, still half asleep my mind couldn't think fast enough about where she perhaps could be. This morning though, as soon as I walked in I could hear some toddler snoring coming from under the bed. Sure enough, there was Lucy curled up totally asleep as far under the bed as she could get. She was literally pushed up against the wall. I had to roll her 3 full times to get her out from under the bed so I could pick her up and put her back on the bed. She didn't wake up through the whole thing. I even asked her this morning why she was sleeping under the bed and she said she wasn't. When I told her she was she simply said, "I just thought that was my bed mama and was sleeping there".

Olivia seems to have outgrown her crazy sleep habits and now for the most part stays at the top of her bed, on her pillow with her covers either on her or folded over to the side. Hopefully Lucy gets there soon too. I can't imagine if she fell out of bed and just didn't wake up, sleep walks to under her bed or what. I guess I'm just glad it doesn't seem to wake her up and disturb her sleep (or Olivia's, or ours). It just doesn't seem very comfortable to be on the floor under the bed.

Comments