We spent the weekend getting in all our pumpkin fun in anticipation of Halloween. Friday night was the Trunk or Treat I already posted about. Saturday we decided to find a pumpkin patch and pick pumpkins to carve. Apparently they aren't as popular as they used to be since we had a bit of a hard time finding one that isn't mostly a money pit trying to distract the kids with petting zoos, rides and food. We finally found a church in Riverside that had just pumpkins and the girls had plenty of fun inspecting them all until they found just the right ones for them.
We tried to get the girls involved in the carving process later that night, but they wanted nothing to do with removing the "guts". My mom and I had plenty of fun doing that messy part ourselves. Then Kevin actually carved the cat that Lucy chose. It turned out quite nicely!
Sunday we did Olivia's pumpkin and the witch pattern she chose. This time the girls got a bit more involved and did actually stick their hand in the pumpkin once. Then they were done with that. Another fine pumpkin carving accomplishment by Kevin.
They actually get to wear their costumes a lot this year: 1) Trunk or Treat 2) storytime at the library 3) to my office party 4) trick or treating. I also plan on keeping them in the dress up box for them to use as they play too. I really like to get my money's worth out of these costumes, can you tell?
We tried to get the girls involved in the carving process later that night, but they wanted nothing to do with removing the "guts". My mom and I had plenty of fun doing that messy part ourselves. Then Kevin actually carved the cat that Lucy chose. It turned out quite nicely!
Sunday we did Olivia's pumpkin and the witch pattern she chose. This time the girls got a bit more involved and did actually stick their hand in the pumpkin once. Then they were done with that. Another fine pumpkin carving accomplishment by Kevin.
The girls love looking at their pumpkins and every day they ask if it's time to wear their Halloween costumes yet and if we're having our Halloween party tonight. Soon enough, Ducklings, soon enough.
They actually get to wear their costumes a lot this year: 1) Trunk or Treat 2) storytime at the library 3) to my office party 4) trick or treating. I also plan on keeping them in the dress up box for them to use as they play too. I really like to get my money's worth out of these costumes, can you tell?
Comments
Post a Comment