Skip to main content

San Diego Sunday

We were in San Diego this weekend for SkyShow, which is the most amazing fireworks show put on each year after an SDSU home football game at Qualcomm. We went 4 years ago when I was pregnant with the girls, but this was their first trip. They loved it and were completely mesmerized by the fireworks. I'm so glad I brought headsets to protect their little ears because the whole thing is so loud. It was a great day though with fun friends, delicious food and a great finale. I'll post those photos and maybe a video later.

After fireworks the girls couldn't wait to get to Melissa and Ross' house to see their dog Ozzie. All day they kept asking when it was time to see him and as soon as the fireworks were over the first thing out of Lucy's mouth was, "ok, let's go see Ozzie". The girls had a great time chasing him around, bringing him toys and pretty much just pestering him in general. Thanks for putting up with us, Ozzie!


On Sunday, Kyle & Natalia made a delicious brunch for us and while the boys watched football, the girls and Natalia & I walked over to the awesome Farmer's Market down the street. What a beautiful day and a great neighborhood find. After some much needed children naps and football/Pinterest/relaxing by the adults, we headed over to the Coronado Cays Yacht Club for their Oktoberfest.  The girls got their faces painted (Lucy- rainbow, Olivia- flower) and then they played on the swingset with some other little girls for the rest of the evening. We got to have a delicious dinner on the water with Natalia's parents and enjoy the evening. It was a great end to a wonderful weekend.




Luckiest 3 year olds ever! Just swinging, at the Yacht Club, overlooking the ocean...

Comments