Skip to main content

Conversations and a Dream

Conversation from a week or so ago with me, Lucy and Aunt Sarah:

Lucy: Where are Daddy and Uncle Tim?

Me: They went to go pick up Nana's Christmas present. They'll be right back. You can't tell Nana what her Christmas present is!

Lucy: Ok, I won't tell her.

Aunt Sarah: Can I tell her?

Lucy: No, you can't tell her!

Aunt Sarah: Ok, I won't say anything to Nana.

Lucy: Well, you can talk to her, you just can't tell her what her Christmas present is.


Tonight while coloring a Christmas picture with Olivia:

Me: I wonder what's in the presents?
 
Olivia: Oh Santa brought those presents. They're not for you. Santa's only for kids.
 
Me: He is?!? Only for kids???
 
Olivia: Yeah
 
Me: Who told you that?
 
Olivia: Oh, you know... (giving me her sneaky look)


Other things they have been saying lately that crack us up:
- I don't care for that.
- You have to be patient.
- You know what we forgot?
- May I....?

Olivia also told me her first dream this morning when she woke up. I was in their room picking some clothes options this morning right as she was waking up. As she barely opened her eyes, she smiled and said, "I was just thinking about Santa" and started laughing. It's the first time either one of the girls has told me about a dream before. It was so cute to see her just laying there with her eyes still closed and a giant smile on her face while she was waking up thinking about Santa.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I also loved when Lucy saw her new shoes and she told you "that's a smart shoe mama"....hahahaha. Or Olivia, when they were telling us about some movie and she said "yeah, I saw the commercial. Freaked. Me. Out." Lol. You're kids are so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment