Skip to main content

Favorite Things

Every night after we tuck the girls into bed and right before we say prayers, we go around and each say our 3 favorite things from the day. It was a random idea I had one night as a way to distract the girls from whining over bedtime and it has stuck ever since. In fact, if we ever forget to do it, the girls are quick to remind us. It's been quite fun to see what things they remember from the day. Here are some of my favorites lately:

- I liked to sleep (Olivia on a day when she didn't take a nap)
- I loved watching a movie (Lucy on a day when she didn't watch a movie)
- I liked looking at Grandma's movies this morning (Lucy talking about just browsing through the movie cases on the shelf)
- I love, looove, looooooove_____________ (Olivia's 3rd thing almost always starts very drawn out and dramatic like this and Kevin and I smile about it every time)
- I loved playing (they both say this one when they can't think of anything else)
- I liked when Goosey was a bad lunch eater (Olivia right after Lucy confessed to not eating a good lunch)

I hope this is something we continue doing because we all seem to really like it and I love hearing their perspectives on the world.

Comments