Skip to main content

Trying New Things

We had a very successful day of eating today! The girls have long been "picky" eaters as most toddlers are. I don't know if today was a full moon, pigs are flying outside somewhere, or if the girls are just growing up. At lunch the girls willingly tried and liked raisins, which they have refused before. They even asked for them again at dinner which they once again ate. Dinner tonight was burgers and I had Kevin grill an extra one for the girls. They have had a bite or 2 here and there but never with any interest. Tonight their dinner was half of a hamburger in a bun, some raisins and yogurt. We expected crying, whining and complaining but got none of it. Nothing! They ate the yogurt first, of course, and then once we offered bbq sauce and ketchup to dip the hamburgers in they each ate 1/2 of the hamburger. I was shocked. At one point I may have even said out loud, "who are these children?" We reinforced how proud of them we were and they were singing the Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood song, "You have to try new things because they might taste good!" So, so, so happy about today's eating and the fact that we can add new things for them to eat. Hoping this continues!

Comments