Skip to main content

Mother's Day

What a fun, exhausting weekend! We packed a lot in but it was all stuff that I loved and a lot of family time, which is all I wanted for Mother's Day.

Saturday Kevin and the girls took me to breakfast and then to IKEA for some shopping. This was the first time we dropped the girls off at the IKEA playland while we shopped and they loved it! I was nervous at first about how they'd react since they've never been left with strangers before, but they were great and had a lot of fun. I love that we could peek at them as soon as we got to the marketplace and that made me feel much better. They were running around with the other kids and playing. We got some things we needed for the house plus the media stand I've been wanting. We headed home and while the girls and I napped, Kevin ran out to get some new flowers for the back yard. We spent the rest of the day planting flower and playing in the sprinklers to cool off. It was our first ridiculously hot weekend and of course, our a/c decided to go out. After the girls went to bed, Kevin (with instruction interpretation by me), put together the media stand and I love it!

Sunday we tried to meet my family at Mass but that just didn't happen. Instead, we headed to their house for a delicious homemade brunch and some relaxing time. The girls got to play outside and wear themselves out before we had lunch and headed home. After quick naps, we packed up and met up with everyone at Pat & Patty's house for some swimming and bbq. It was the perfect relaxing, Mother's Day filled with family, good food and lots of relaxing.

The girls were very excited for Mother's Day and had been looking forward to giving me presents on Sunday all week. At my Mom's, they made little picture frames that they decorated and put their picture in and also some painted marble art where they wrote "I love you Mommy" and signed their names. They went shopping with Kevin and Lucy picked out a blue maternity dress for me and Olivia picked out a long grey/pink/coral dress for me. They also got me Les Miserables dvd (my favorite)! They were so sweet and excited for the presents!

I am definitely very lucky to have such a wonderful family! It was a great Mother's Day weekend!



Comments