Skip to main content

Preschool Week One

Week 1 was a success! The girls never cried and Lucy even survived Friday by herself, since Olivia was sick and had to stay home. They get really excited about going and know the routine now. They love helping us pack their lunchboxes the night before and picking out their clothes for the next day. I'd say the hardest part so far is getting them to tell us what they did at school once we pick them up. I ask every time what they did, what their favorite part was, what their friend's names are etc. I always get back answers like, "we forgot", "we didn't ask" or "I don't remember". It takes some prying and clever questioning to finally figure out if they did anything besides eat lunch and play on the playground, since clearly these are the 2 most memorable moments of the day for them.

I'm very proud of my big girls for handling the transition to preschool like champs. They only go half day, 3 times a week but have never even complained about leaving at lunch or asked about going on their days off. I honestly think the idea that some kids go more often and stay longer hasn't even crossed their minds so they are ok with it. In fact on Friday when Lucy stayed by herself, when we went to walk out and she saw the other kids' nap stations all laid out, she laughed and asked, "they're going to sleep on the floor?!?" I told her yes, some kids were going to take a nap before their parents came to pick them up. She thought that was so funny and all I could think is how truly spoiled she is to have a comfy bed to nap in this whole time.

Back to School night this week and then we should get to see some of the stuff the girls have actually been doing. I'm excited to see what the rest of the year holds for them.

Comments