Skip to main content

Sickies

Well whatever this cold thing is we all got, seems to have gotten me the worst. Figures. The pregnant lady who has limited medications available to her gets it the worst. I thought I was home free once Kevin was better and both the girls just had little lingering coughs left. Sure enough by Thursday, I knew I wasn't that lucky. As annoying as the congestion is, it's the horrible hacking cough which is literally killing me. Since all my organs are pretty smashed right now, coughing is horribly painful and when it got really bad, not only did my chest burn, but I think I pulled just about every muscle in my abdomen. The baby sure didn't like the coughing either and let me know. It made for several miserable nights, a trip to urgent care and several days of missed work. Let's just say the weekend was pretty nonexistent to me and thankfully Kevin was able to pick up the slack around the house and with the girls, because I was useless. Now, I'm waiting for my antibiotics to kick in and clear this up. I told Kevin that if he or the girls so much as sniffle around me in the next 2 months, they're going to live somewhere else until the baby is born and I'm all healed from my surgery. There's no way I could handle coughing like this after my C-section. I need to live in a bubble until then, I guess.

Comments