Skip to main content

Baby Shower

When I came home last Friday there was a large pile of baby stuff waiting inside. Turns out, Kevin's coworkers had thrown a little shower for him and had all these gifts for us and the baby. We were both really touched and appreciated their generosity. There was lots of diapers, some cute blankets, clothes and toys along with wipes and gift cards. It was a nice, unexpected start to my baby shower weekend!
 
 

Sarah planned such an amazing shower for me and I am still blown away by all the little touches she put into everything. From the adorable homemade invitations, to the garland matching the baby's room colors and all the fun games and activities she had for everyone... she really went all out. Sarah has way more creativity than I could ever dream of.
 
Here's the patio all decorated and ready for the party. The girls even helped put streamers up on the fence and walls along the patio. Everything was half pink, half blue including the drinks, cookies, plates and napkins.

 
 
Here is the food spread. Delicious. Sandwiches, salads, dips and veggies. It barely fit on the table!
 
 

The girls and Nana picked out the cake for the party- chocolate cake, whipped cream filling and chocolate frosting. They had "Waddle it be?" written on it and added a little duck. It was so yummy and super cute. One of my favorite cakes ever since I'm never brave enough to go chocolate/chocolate. It was everything you'd imagine it to be :)


 
Sarah, Nana and the girls put together these little favor bags for all the guests. The included this little printed-on poem and candies in both blue and pink inside. Everyone even got a full size Hershey bar with either the "He" colored in blue, or the "She" colored in pink. The girls had a blast helping to put those together and even more fun handing them out to everyone.
 
 
Inevitably, I always wish there were more pictures after every event or party. Here are a few I got in the midst of everything. I guess that's always a sign that we were all too busy having such a good time that we didn't even think to take pictures. Next time we have a party though guys, can we really be sure to take more pictures together? Instead, everyone will have to take a picture with me and the baby afterwards to make up for it.
 
With Cousin Lizzy
 
Game faces on as they start filling out their game cards

Presents galore



 
The adorable little "guestbook" we'll definitely be hanging in the baby's room
 
Thank you so much to everyone who came for such a fun afternoon... Mom, Grandma, Mary, Natalia, Melissa, Tina, Tawnya, Patty and Marjorie (I hope I didn't forget anyone!). I really appreciate all the love and support and you know those outfits, diapers, blankets, toys and everything else won't go unused. In fact the girls have already "tested" all the baby toys and we're good to go there. I loved being able to see everyone in one place and catch up and hang out before the baby gets here.
 
To Julie, Katie, Tim and Kevin, thank you for all the set up, clean up, shopping and planning you did to make the day so special for me and the girls.
 
To Sarah, you're amazing! I can't even say thank you enough for the wonderful party, all the time, money and energy you put in to plan everything and all the special little touches only you would think of.
 
After all that, we're pretty much ready for the baby now!

Comments