I've been quite a slacker on posting lately. I honestly don't know where the days go. We've been busy between preschool, work, getting ready for the baby and Dr appts/eating/keeping up with everything in general, it's been crazy. So here's a quick update.
I'm nearly 35 weeks now with just a few more weeks to go. I'm definitely feeling it. The baby is crazy as ever and still breech/transverse depending on the day which makes for some fun belly watching as the baby punches, kicks and squirms around. Last night we could even watch the baby hiccup as my whole belly moved each time. We are also pretty much done with the baby's room. It's mostly organized and set up with just a few decorations that need to be finalized/hung up. I should get my actual surgery date and time in the next few weeks.
The girls are thriving at preschool. They love it and have made so many friends who they are constantly telling us about. We can see the improvement in their writing, drawing, counting and knowing the sound each letter makes. We had our first meltdown over only going 3 days a week though over the school Pumpkin Patch trip. I saw on the calendar that it was scheduled for a Tuesday, which is not a school day for us. I didn't say anything to the girls and naively thought they wouldn't know. Well, I didn't think about the fact that the teacher would talk about it in class. That day when I picked them up they were SO excited about the Pumpkin Patch trip with their friends and it broke my heart to tell them they weren't going with everyone. They both sobbed and sobbed and wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the ride home that day. They have since gotten over it (I think), but I'm sure they are still sad. The trip is tomorrow so I'm half expecting Wednesday pick-up to get an earful about the other kids going to the pumpkin patch. I promised them an amazing trip to the pumpkin patch on our own. We'll see if that makes up for it.
Lucy's been battling a cold again and has a lingering cough which is driving her crazy. I'm hoping we can get everyone well again before the baby comes. We'll see. With all the preschool germs they're now exposed to, this might be nearly impossible.
I'm nearly 35 weeks now with just a few more weeks to go. I'm definitely feeling it. The baby is crazy as ever and still breech/transverse depending on the day which makes for some fun belly watching as the baby punches, kicks and squirms around. Last night we could even watch the baby hiccup as my whole belly moved each time. We are also pretty much done with the baby's room. It's mostly organized and set up with just a few decorations that need to be finalized/hung up. I should get my actual surgery date and time in the next few weeks.
| Progress picture of the baby's room |
The girls are thriving at preschool. They love it and have made so many friends who they are constantly telling us about. We can see the improvement in their writing, drawing, counting and knowing the sound each letter makes. We had our first meltdown over only going 3 days a week though over the school Pumpkin Patch trip. I saw on the calendar that it was scheduled for a Tuesday, which is not a school day for us. I didn't say anything to the girls and naively thought they wouldn't know. Well, I didn't think about the fact that the teacher would talk about it in class. That day when I picked them up they were SO excited about the Pumpkin Patch trip with their friends and it broke my heart to tell them they weren't going with everyone. They both sobbed and sobbed and wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the ride home that day. They have since gotten over it (I think), but I'm sure they are still sad. The trip is tomorrow so I'm half expecting Wednesday pick-up to get an earful about the other kids going to the pumpkin patch. I promised them an amazing trip to the pumpkin patch on our own. We'll see if that makes up for it.
Lucy's been battling a cold again and has a lingering cough which is driving her crazy. I'm hoping we can get everyone well again before the baby comes. We'll see. With all the preschool germs they're now exposed to, this might be nearly impossible.
| Lucy cuddling the baby and my basketball belly |
Comments
Post a Comment