In the past couple of weeks I have had 2 funny conversations with the girls that involve work. It's funny to hear their impressions of how the world works.
Lucy: "Did you pack a snack in my lunch today?"
Me: "Yes, I did"
Lucy: "Did you pack a snack in your lunch?"
Me: "I did, baby."
Lucy: "Ok, so the man* will come out and say 'Everyone it's snack time' and you will all go eat your snacks together?"
*the man = my boss, who she thinks is like her preschool teacher and directs everyone to snack time
Me: "I can't pick you up from school today because my work friends are having a party for me and the baby but grandma and grandpa will pick you up today."
Olivia: "But you always pick us up."
Me: "I know but I can't today or I'll miss the party. Plus after this week I'm going to be on vacation for awhile after the baby is born and I'll be able to pick you up more and you can stay home with mommy since I won't have to go to work."
Olivia: "Oh, so Marty's going to do your job?"
Marty is my boss and our Division President. I was stunned considering she knew his name and I have no clue how she would even remember that. Like Kevin and I always say, these kids are elephants- they never forget.
Lucy: "Did you pack a snack in my lunch today?"
Me: "Yes, I did"
Lucy: "Did you pack a snack in your lunch?"
Me: "I did, baby."
Lucy: "Ok, so the man* will come out and say 'Everyone it's snack time' and you will all go eat your snacks together?"
*the man = my boss, who she thinks is like her preschool teacher and directs everyone to snack time
Me: "I can't pick you up from school today because my work friends are having a party for me and the baby but grandma and grandpa will pick you up today."
Olivia: "But you always pick us up."
Me: "I know but I can't today or I'll miss the party. Plus after this week I'm going to be on vacation for awhile after the baby is born and I'll be able to pick you up more and you can stay home with mommy since I won't have to go to work."
Olivia: "Oh, so Marty's going to do your job?"
Marty is my boss and our Division President. I was stunned considering she knew his name and I have no clue how she would even remember that. Like Kevin and I always say, these kids are elephants- they never forget.
Comments
Post a Comment