Skip to main content

Trunk or Treat

Friday night was our church's Trunk or Treat and the girls were so excited to wear their costumes and get to hang out with their cousins.

It was quite an ordeal finally deciding on costumes. I didn't think at 4 years old, costumes would get this complicated already! Almost 6 months ago the girls started talking about Halloween and what they wanted to be. Lucy wanted to be Daisy Duck from Disney Jr and Olivia wanted to be Minnie Mouse. Sounded easy enough when they first mentioned it but it turned out to not be so. I searched and searched for the exact Daisy Duck costume in her size for Lucy to no avail. There was one handmade one that was perfect on Etsy for $250! A few on eBay that weren't her size and the prices quickly got out of my range. Finally I broke the news to her that I couldn't find what she wanted. She was pretty sad, which broke my heart. Eventually, the girls changed their minds and wanted to be Tinkerbell (Lucy) and Sofia the First (Olivia). Well, before I could even venture over to Costco where we had seen the costumes the girls changed their minds again to Merida from Brave for Lucy and Sleeping Beauty for Olivia. I ran with it since we already had those dress up dresses and hurried out and got them wigs along with some accessories- crown, shoes etc. Halloween was saved!

Anyway, so Trunk or Treat was the first time they got to wear the wigs and the girls were ecstatic. They had a lot of fun running around with pirate Lizzy and Liam as Sully from Monsters Inc. They trick or treated at all the cars and then headed back to our cars to help pass out candy. We were cracking up at mature little Olivia saying things like, "Ohhh I like you costume!" and "Very nice costume" to the kids as they came by. She is hilarious and acts so grown up sometimes.





 



 


I will miss actual trick-or-treating on Halloween this year since I'll be in the hospital but I'm hoping the girls can stop by and show me their costumes again before they head out for some Halloween fun with Daddy. I'll be in the hospital hanging out with my little pumpkin instead. No complaints from me!

Comments