Skip to main content

Work Shower

Today is my last day at work before my maternity leave. I am seriously going to miss my coworkers, they are such an awesome group and we are more like a family after all we've been through the past few years. They had a baby shower for me earlier this week and it was so cute, so much fun and I felt overwhelmed by everything.

The kitchen was decorated in blue and pink streamers when I got to work in the morning. By the time lunch rolled around the whole office smelled so good with all the food everyone made. There was so much food- salads, fruit, veggies, cheese trays, dips, pizza and so many yummy desserts. I'm pretty sure I ate way too much but I couldn't help myself. I was too busy eating to get a picture of the spread.

After eating we played the candy bar diaper game where there are melted candy bar samples in diapers and everyone has to look and smell, if they want, to try and figure out what kind of candy bar is in each diaper. It's always a funny game but it's even more fun when there are guys playing. This was actually the most intense game of this I've ever seen. There are some extremely competitive people in our office who took it quite seriously! I, on the other hand, only got 1 right and it was the obvious one- Butterfinger.




They also started taking a vote on boy or girl and then it turned into suggesting names, which is where this list came from.


My coworkers pooled money to get me the rocking chair I was planning on getting for the baby's room along with a diaper "cake", Target gift card and baby outfit. I am still amazed at every one's generosity. I can't tell you how much I love my coworkers especially Penny and Catherine who planned and organized everything. Hope to see them all at the Christmas party and I will bring the baby by at some point too.







Comments

  1. Good thing you're not taking any of our suggestions, especially for boys. :) missed you today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment