Skip to main content

Back to Work

Well, my maternity leave ended at the beginning of the month and it was time to get back to work. We're so lucky to have my parents help out with the girls and now Andrew. Getting everyone up and out of the house wasn't bad and the transition over to my parents was pretty easy. The kids all did well with the new schedule and routine right from the beginning. The girls were used to going to Grandma & Grandpa's before Andrew arrived so it was back to normal for them. Andrew is so easy-going that I'm not even sure he noticed actually. He loves "talking" and smiling at everyone over there especially my Grandma. As soon as he sees her walk into the room his eyes light up and he has the biggest smile, it's adorable.

 I did alright myself too. The first day wasn't great, mostly due to work stuff, so I was anxious to get home to everyone. Since then though, things have gotten easier and better each day. I transitioned to a new department and job (marketing) where I am much happier and love being on a new side of things. I definitely wish there were more hours in the day but the workdays go by really fast since I'm so busy so it doesn't feel like I'm gone too long. Plus, it's always nice to see their smiles when I get home.

My three months off definitely flew by, but I loved having the time off with the girls and Andrew and feel really blessed to have at least had that. Now it's back to the real world.

Comments