One of the girls' best friends at preschool is a sweet little girl named Skylar. I see her mom and little sister at pick-up everyday. I had heard the mom call for Skylar and her sister before and I thought the little sister's name was Tori. Then one day the girls were talking about Skylar and her sister, "Toe-ee" and I asked them a question about "Tori" and they corrected me with "Toe-ee". We went round and round about how you actually say her name and each time they said I had it wrong, even when I swore I was pronouncing it just as they did. The exact same conversation happened with the girls and my parents another day. We all tried guessing every name we could think of remotely close to "Toe-ee"... Tori, Terri, Tara, Tootie, but the girls said they were all wrong. Each conversation we would all finally give up and just end up laughing at how come we couldn't figure this out. Well, last week I finally asked Skylar's mom what her younger daughter's name is. I explained the conversations we had been having trying to figure it out and she laughed and laughed. Finally she told me we'd never figure it out since her name is "Turi". On the way home I told the girls what Skylar's sister's name actually is, including the spelling. In unison they threw their hands up in exasperation and said, "That's what we said!" Sheesh.
Comments
Post a Comment