Valentine's Day was a bigger deal than usual around here. First, it was Andrew's first Valentine's Day so we had to put on the obligatory "Baby's First Valentine's" shirt and Heart Throb bib. He rocked it, clearly.
Then, it was the big holiday at preschool. The girls were so excited about the snack party and Valentine's treats they were going to find at school. They wore their cute little Valentine's shirts and pink/red hair bows. I decided to go away from candy for the girls' valentine's handouts and when I found a good deal on little 8 packs of Crayola crayons at Target, I ran with that. I picked up enough for the class and put stickers on them that said, "You make our day colorful." They were a big hit and so different from the pencils, candy hearts or lollipops the rest of the kids did. By the time I got to school to pick them up most of the kids were either on a sugar high or sick to their stomach (literally for one little boy) since it was one little girl's birthday party on top of everything. When we got in the car Olivia said, "Best day ever" and Lucy agreed.
Then, it was the big holiday at preschool. The girls were so excited about the snack party and Valentine's treats they were going to find at school. They wore their cute little Valentine's shirts and pink/red hair bows. I decided to go away from candy for the girls' valentine's handouts and when I found a good deal on little 8 packs of Crayola crayons at Target, I ran with that. I picked up enough for the class and put stickers on them that said, "You make our day colorful." They were a big hit and so different from the pencils, candy hearts or lollipops the rest of the kids did. By the time I got to school to pick them up most of the kids were either on a sugar high or sick to their stomach (literally for one little boy) since it was one little girl's birthday party on top of everything. When we got in the car Olivia said, "Best day ever" and Lucy agreed.
Comments
Post a Comment