I have 2 five year olds. I have 2 FIVE year olds! How crazy is that? They will soon be kindergartners. They're definitely not babies or toddlers but already little girls. How did this happen?
It was such a fun day. I feel like every year is more and more exciting with them. This birthday kind of snuck up on me more than in the past but we got everything together that we wanted in time. The night before their birthday Kevin and I scrambled around wrapping presents and decorating along with our usual balloon tradition (pre-Pinterest). The girls remembered that for all of their birthdays we have covered some portion of the house in balloons. They kept reminding us that we had to get balloons to fill their room. Kevin went above and beyond and used streamers to create a net full of balloons in the hallway with one string hanging down for them to pull and release the shower of balloons. They were confused when they woke up since they were expecting balloons in their room but quickly got excited when they realized what was about to happen.
The girls had school that morning so to celebrate with their school friends I picked up a cake decorated like the Frozen movie. My mom, Andrew, Kevin and I met them at school at lunchtime to celebrate. Their classmates and teachers were so excited for them. They even got little crowns to wear. You could see how excited they were to be the birthday girls. After school they went back to my parents for the afternoon where they were surprised with new big wheel bikes. They spent a lot of the afternoon riding them around outside.
They finally got to open their presents when we got home that night. We got the girls the Frozen soundtrack, Frozen dress/doll sets, umbrellas, clothes, the Twister game, and new dolls with matching accessories. We let them pick whatever they wanted in the world for dinner and they went with spaghetti-o's. Since I couldn't fathom having to eat that, Kevin and I had spaghetti and the girls got their spaghetti-o's. I thought for sure they would pick Panera Bread macaroni and cheese and was quite disappointed. We played Twister and opened most of their toys after dinner and had a fun family night at home. It was definitely a special day, all about them.
The girls had school that morning so to celebrate with their school friends I picked up a cake decorated like the Frozen movie. My mom, Andrew, Kevin and I met them at school at lunchtime to celebrate. Their classmates and teachers were so excited for them. They even got little crowns to wear. You could see how excited they were to be the birthday girls. After school they went back to my parents for the afternoon where they were surprised with new big wheel bikes. They spent a lot of the afternoon riding them around outside.
They finally got to open their presents when we got home that night. We got the girls the Frozen soundtrack, Frozen dress/doll sets, umbrellas, clothes, the Twister game, and new dolls with matching accessories. We let them pick whatever they wanted in the world for dinner and they went with spaghetti-o's. Since I couldn't fathom having to eat that, Kevin and I had spaghetti and the girls got their spaghetti-o's. I thought for sure they would pick Panera Bread macaroni and cheese and was quite disappointed. We played Twister and opened most of their toys after dinner and had a fun family night at home. It was definitely a special day, all about them.
Comments
Post a Comment