Andrew had his first taste of solid food this week. I had an extra avocado so I cut up little pieces for him to play with hoping one would make it in his mouth. For a kid who almost constantly has a finger, thumb or hand in his mouth, I was amazed when not a single bit of food even went near his mouth. I finally mashed a little of the avocado up and fed it to him and he loved it. He definitely made all the crazy/funny "what is going on" faces but then was looking for the spoon and trying to grab the avocado and spoon and put more in his mouth. He definitely doesn't seem interested in putting the food in his mouth himself, other than with the spoon which is kind of funny. Maybe it just hasn't occurred to him yet though. He always sits at the table with us while we eat dinner and is very observant while we eat. We even catch him pretend chewing after watching us for a few minutes. This kid is growing up way too fast. I'm not ready for solid food yet. I'm still good with him just nursing. Can't we just stick with that for a few more years?





 |
| . |
Comments
Post a Comment