The girls are soooo close to reading and they're so excited! It was a big day when their teacher told them they had graduated from sound boxes to the very exciting move-able alphabet. They girls had talked this up for ages as they saw a few other kids move onto this activity at school. When their day finally came they were ecstatic. The way it works is they get a box that has 5 objects as well as the alphabet letters in it. They have to take out each object, sound it out, spell it out and then write it down on a piece of paper. The teachers goes over it with them when they have completed all 5 objects. On their second day doing move-able alphabet they each got awards sent home praising them for spelling 5 words phonetically all by themselves. When I picked them up that week their teacher was very impressed and could see how excited they were to get a new task. Little by little I hear them reading things here and there, sounding out words they want to read and I got out some foam bath letters and they spell words all by themselves almost every night. We couldn't be more proud of them and the best part is seeing how proud of themselves they are. I keep telling them pretty soon they are going to be reading us bedtime books.
Comments
Post a Comment